PEUGEOT 2020 SALES RESULTS: AN OUTSTANDING YEAR
PEUGEOT has continued its vibrant momentum with a growing backlog of orders, five regions out of six achieving increased market share and 25 countries beating their record in volume or market share. PEUGEOT has also upheld its strategic objectives of moving upmarket and growing its electrified range. Despite the drop in the automotive market, PEUGEOT has maintained its performance thanks to robust foundations.
PEUGEOT results in detail
- The order portfolio is up 15% compared with 2019
- Five regions out of six increased their market share: Europe: + 0.1 point, Middle East-Africa: + 0.6 points, Eurasia: + 0.1 point, India and Asia Pacific: + 0.1 point and Latin America
- 25 countries beat their market share record: France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Japan, Portugal, Norway, Ukraine, Asean, Estonia, Slovenia, Greece, Ireland, Egypt, Iceland, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Dominican Republic, Mexico, South Africa, Arabia and Latvia
- Five of PEUGEOT’s vehicles are up on the podium of the best selling vehicles in Europe: 208, 2008, 3008, Rifter and Partner
- The SUV range is the second largest in Europe
- A successful move upmarket with a third of vehicles in levels three and four, up 8.5 points compared with 2019
- The electric range is a success, with one in 10 vehicles sold in Europe being electrified
A look back at PEUGEOT in 2020
- Peugeot Sport has joined the WEC (World Endurance Championship) sports programme and unveiled the 508 PEUGEOT Sport Engineered, which will join the market in 2021
- The PEUGEOT 208 is a real success in many countries – it is the second largest in its segment in Europe and is the number one in France. It won the COTY (Car of the Year) award in March 2020 and has received 26 awards worldwide. In the UK, the full electric e-208 picked up a host of awards, including ‘Electric Small Car of the Year’ at What Car?’s Electric Car Awards and ‘Best Electric Car’ at Autocar’s inaugral ‘Britains Best Cars Awards’
- October 2020 saw the launch of the full electric e-Boxer and the e-Expert, the latter of which won the IVOTY prize (International Van of the Year). In the UK, every van in PEUGEOT’s range was recognised at the inaugral What Car? van awards in November 2020, with wins for the Partner, Expert and Boxer
- The new Landtrek pick-up truck was launched in November 2020 in Latin America, in a segment that represents more than 2.5 million annual sales worldwide
- PEUGEOT launched new 3008 and new 5008 at the end of 2020, ready to go on the market at the beginning of 2021 in the main European countries
- Online sales in the UK were amplified in April 2020 with the addition of Virtual Showroom, which saw very promising results. Selling online has already been launched in France and will be rolled out by the end of April 2021 in Germany, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal and Austria.
Jean-Philippe Imparato, Managing Director of PEUGEOT, says: "It is a real source of pride to see that the results are there with an electrified range that has been met with great success from customers. This performance is the fruit of our strategic choices and the efforts deployed by our teams during this particularly difficult period. We will face many significant challenges in 2021, the year will begin with the marketing of the 508 PEUGEOT Sport Engineered in the first half of the year, with record performances and CO2 emissions kept at 46g/km".
Head of Communications - Public Relations
Phone: 079 40078 848
Senior Media Relations Executive
Phone: 077 4789 8130
Building on its technological offensive strategy and the electrification of its range, the PEUGEOT brand enters the era of energy transition with enthusiasm. Stimulating and rewarding driving, elegant design and uncompromising quality are the brand's commitment to its customers and contribute to the emotion provided by each and every PEUGEOT. Present in more than 160 countries at 10,000 points of sale, the brand sold almost 1,500,000 vehicles around the world in 2019.PEUGEOT combines all-round Excellence, Allure and Emotion with the ambition to be the top-of-the-range generalist brand on a global scale.